There are a million resources about how to write better goals. This episode is not one of them. What you are going to learn in this episode you have not heard before. But there are 2 mistakes people continue to make that make reaching their goals so much harder.
First you have to have a bunch of whys that are empowering, selfish, and within your control. To reach you goal you will need to push yourself and do some hard things. If you have multiple compelling reasons why, changes are greater that you will reach them.
Next you have to make sure that you know how to measure that that goal was reached. If not, goals become another thing we beat ourselves up about. This does not mean you have to know how to reach the goal, but you have to know how you will evaluate that you did reach it.
Tune in this week and learn how to easily shift these two parts of your goals and set yourself up for success. These small changes over time can make all the difference.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- Why focusing on the smaller parts of goals is more important than the big things
- How to create compelling reasons why that will help get you through the hard part of reaching goals
- How to make sure you can measure reaching the goal
Mentioned on the show:
- Get the How to confidently speak up in meetings free online course. In this 10 minute video training, you’re going to learn 3 ways to start speaking up today.
- Ready to get some free 1:1 help? I offer a limited number of free coaching calls each week. Grab time on my calendar and let’s get you feeling more confident today.
- Movie: I Feel Pretty