I cried at work. In front of my manager. For a good 2 minutes. I was so tired, stressed, and overwhelmed and I just couldn’t hold it back any longer.
Did you know when you cry, your tears include a protein-based hormone that acts as a pin killer? It’s true. Crying is one of the ways your body tries to help you feel better and get back to “normal”.
Learning how to feel is a crucial skill in learning how to live a full life and go after your dreams. In this episode you’ll learn how to feel all the stress, anxiety, and frustration that comes up. When you learn how to feel it, you are back in control and no longer trying to avoid feeling bad. Growth means getting through the hard things and hard things don’t always feel great. But when you know how to feel it, it’s so much easier than you think. It’s as easy as paying attention to different parts of your body and taking a few deep breaths.
Tune in this week and learn how to feel all the things that come up in living a full life. Remember, the goal is not to feel better. The goal is to feel.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- Why I cried at work
- Where your feelings come from
- How to feel your emotions
- How to feel different emotions
Mentioned on the show:
- Get the How to confidently speak up in meetings free online course. In this 10 minute video training, you’re going to learn 3 ways to start speaking up today.
- Ready to get some free 1:1 help? I offer a limited number of free coaching calls each week. Grab time on my calendar and let’s get you feeling more confident today.